6 hours ago
Friday, April 23, 2010
Here I Am
Montestigliano...50th B-day setting 2009
Break's over. Computer burn out over. I'm back. Just in time to wish a fabulous female a fantastic 40th...WOOHOO for Laura at "Piece of Cake". Among my most favorite blogs. She got me at hanging a turd on the Christmas Tree. Check it out. You'll be a follower.
Sooo, what's been going on in my little world? OK, here goes:
1. Took a beautiful hike with a group of singles. Through the woods, by a river up to double water falls. Not an easy one and this group are real hikers. Like with good equipment and everything. Me...I rocked the mom jeans. Sneakers my footwear. So not cool but I didn't care. Nature's beauty made me forget. Then the guy who kindly drove the shuttle scolded me like a bad little girl when I got dirt on his car floor. That's a post in itself. I'll work on it.
2. Quick trip over the mountains for a quick visit with my fabulous sister. God I love time with my sister. More please.
3. Rendezvous with dinner club ladies, and others at piano bar to hear one of our tribe play piano. Really fun. I even flirted with a guy. Thought it went well. Until I heard from another today that he thought the piano player was cute. (and she is) I want to be cute. I am transported back to High School. Guys always hitting on my friends. I am a double standard. I am only attracted to cute ones. They are not attracted to me. Sucks, really.
4. Wasband thinks he is entitled to claiming son as his dependent on income taxes. Exhale. Here we go again. Does this man have no shame? Apparently not.
5. Fabulous dinner with my favorite travel partners (prepared by one of the best chefs I know). Seed planted for 2011. Finally have a trip on the horizon to look forward to. And a half case of yummy Pinot Noir in the cellar (aka laundry room). Let me know if you can come over and taste.
6. Celebrated the beginning of spring with mint mojitos: my drink of 2010. I will have it perfected soon. Fresh mint from the patio for just such a thing. Impromptu Friday evening on the deck. I love having the place where people love to gather on the deck. Who needs to flirt with men. I am over #3 above.
7. Helped a special little seven year old celebrate her birthday. Five seven year olds getting manicures. Natalie is amazing and just learning how to use her eye-gaze computer to communicate. She was full of smiles. No trouble communicating happiness!
Sunday I am trying something new: Seattle Scramble. A sort of scavenger hunt/navigation adventure. I hope my feet are ready by Sunday. Went for a long walk at lunch in the wrong shoes. Spuds fish 'n chips was the lure.
Posted by Lou Woods