Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Another One











Today I turn 51. Not as big a deal as last year, though my 51st year may prove to be more epic than my 50th. Preparing to leave the country for an extended period of time. Realizing I am stepping from the comfortably known to the potentially wonderful or potentially disturbing unknown. It's a strange spot to be in. In the meantime, spread thin with trying to get everything done that needs to get done to get the house ready to rent, get work wrapped up, take care of notifying accounts and making sure bills are covered. I guess it's good to be so busy with business that I don't have time for the mind much to wander into all the unknowns. That seems to be the more dangerous territory.

However, on the occasion of my birthday I am reminded of the fantastically wonderful way we celebrated the hallmark five-oh! in Italy, surrounded by very special friends, consuming impressive amounts of good red wine and soaking up the Tuscan countryside. Have to pinch myself just to think about it. Was it real? Better than anything I could make up or imagine.

Looking forward to dinner and theater tonight (Menopause: The Musical) with another friend who also celebrates her birthday on this day. For now, I need to just massively focus on work...focus...focus...focus...so I can get out on time to start the fun evening.

Also looking forward to a visit from my favorite Sister this weekend. Have great pampering plans in store.
Still recovering from celbratory weekend in Pullman where my niece Sj graduated from PHS. Ah, the memories. Fun to be with my siblings and Pops as well.

XOXOX-J

No comments: