Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Journey Begins


It is 11:30 AM, July 7. The journey has begun. Melinda and Jill drove me to the airport. And came in and waited with me as long as they could. Even through the security line. But eventually we had to say goodbye. It was hard.
The goodbyes have been hard. I will miss my tribe. Though I am going on a big adventure, and though we will be able to keep close through the satellites and Ethernet, the distance (and time difference) will be hard. I will miss my tribe.
Thank you to each and every one of you who reached out to me, who supported me, who shed tears with me, who put on a brave face with me, who said "I am proud of you" to me. I will look forward to staying in touch over the Ethernet until we are back together again, in the States or somewhere in between.




Over the last several months I have been in a bit of denial. Busy with the business of getting things wrapped up at work and in my home. Have not really been looking more than one foot ahead down the road.

But I am in the airport now. Reality is hitting. I am sending myself up with a double Tangqurey (sp?) and tonic. And some Nachos to wash it down. It is not even noon yet. Creating my new reality as I go along.


Not sure how easy it will be to get gin and tonic in A.D. And it will be freakin' hot. So I am starting now. Just in case.

Muah!

No comments: