Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Recovering


Well, I'm here to say that a trip like the one to Sudan takes it's toll. I'm afraid my longer recovery time may be related to aging. Perhaps I needed more time to get back on my feet before diving into work. Or conditions were harsher than I realize. A loss of thirteen pounds in two weeks, when I wasn't specifically focused on losing weight is an indicator of how harsh conditions were. Come to think of it, I did not see any fat Sudanese! Not that I'm complaining about that side affect. But it's come at a cost. I haven't had the energy to blog or do much else for that matter. And now I am fighting double ear infections. I'm taking the heavy duty antibiotics the doc gave me in case I caught anything over there so hopefully they will clear up pronto. My reserves were definately used up so I'm following up with my doc to get back to a better place.


Hey, shout out to Kate! I just saw your messages. I'm glad you are following and enjoying the blog. I hope to be back to some good writing soon. And Sis, thanks for your encouraging messages too. Hope to visit soon.


Blessings,

-J

1 comment:

U Can Still Play in the Rain said...

Jen,
So sorry to hear you are not feeling well! Take care of yourself and you are in our thoughts...
Amy
p.s. don't change your blog's name, optimism is what keeps us all going!!!