Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Place at the Table




I do believe that our obsessions and our passions are a gift from God. Something He wants to share right along side of us. So when I was awakened by a voice at 4:30 this morning it didn’t shock me. It delighted me. It gave me pause to consider where this latest passion about table settings and dinnerware came from. The voice said “Did you set a place for Me? I want to be at the table too.” It was a loving voice. Not one to make me feel bad or guilty. It was a genuine desire to be at MY table. I was flattered. Not shamed. Jesus doesn’t want to miss out on the fun and laughter and delicious food that is served there. How cool is that? Maybe He’s also sitting in that pink chair. I hope so. It’s a chair that should be shared, for sure.

No comments: