Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Feed Your Mind...And the World!




Check out this awesome concept at FreeRice.com. According to the site, FreeRice has two goals:
1. Provide education to everyone for free.
2. Help end world hunger by providing rice to hungry people for free.

Here’s how it works: you take a little vocabulary quiz (it’s a good quiz: starts easy but builds up). For every answer you get right you earn 20 grains of rice to be donated to a place of need in the world. It’s a simple business model: advertisers are paying for the ad banners at the bottom of the site. While you are being subliminally sold to, the site sponsor is earning ad money. That money goes straight to the selected causes. Give it a try. I’m going to try to make it habit to do this at least once a day. Just like I do with one click on the Click to Give site that funds mammograms for those who don’t have insurance and can’t afford.

I was responsible for 320 grains of rice today and partially funded a mammogram. Want to join me? I’ll add links to these two sites in my Find, Found, Fond section so you can go back and do whenever you visit my blog. Maybe I’ll try to use some new vocabulary too!

No comments: