Sunday, August 30, 2009

Art and Soul


Yesterday I hung the prints I brought back from Italy. There aren't too many flat walls without windows in my place. The best place for a galary is in my bathroom. Ever since I moved in (it will be three years in November) I've been looking for just the right art. This last trip to Italy I found it. I first fell in love with the print of the lady in red being held up high. I think the title, which is in Italian, has something to do with Equilibrium. I cannot read the artists signature. It just struck something in it. I admired it but didn't do anything about it. Melinda and her sisters gifted it to me that night.


Then, a few days later, in Greve, in a little gallery and gift shop, tucked in the back I found several prints I fell in love with by Sabina Feroci. The playfulness of her work, the strong bold lines and touches of color, the everyday subject matter. The combination off these things created delightful little vignettes. I loved them all. I ended up purchasing the couple making love titled "Il Tiempo Libre" (Free Time), mounted on a wood plaque, and "Playboy" (hanging left of Equilibrium). Above Free Time I hung "Putting it Together" which I bought and Bellevue Arts and Crafts Fair. A great pencil and charcoal of a toddler who is assembling himself from puzzle pieces. The bathroom is becoming one of my favorite rooms in the house!


*************************
Update

Going through some old pictures of the house, when it was on the market. Removing the wallpaper and painting it bright red was one of the first things I did.


Then I made the pull down shade from some Toile fabric I fell in love with. Followed by reframing the medicine chest mirror, adding the white drawer units (someday I hope to have custom ones built in) and adding things that I found that were just made for my bathroom and waiting for me to discover them. Like the bird hanger that I hang necklaces from and the black and white ceramic canisters. And the toile covered bucket.







No comments: