Sunday, January 18, 2009

Silly Shoes

You know you are really good friends when you will meet up, in public, wearing those stupid disposable thong shoes from the nail place because you really, really want to see your friend when you don't have much time in the day to get all you need to get done and you know she wants to see you so much that she won't be too embarassed to see you if you show up this way. I can't believe I wore these into Crossroads mall, into Starbucks to see Judy before my trip. By the way, they are not made for much wear and tear. They fell apart on the way out and I had to walk barefoot through the parking lot in January in 30-degree weather. But it was worth it. I am so glad I have a good friend that likes me enough to not pretend she doesn't know me when I show up in these. And I am also grateful that I did not see anybody else I knew when I was shuffling about in these!

No comments: