Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Watching History


The coffee room was buzzing...discussion about the inauguration ceremony that some watched live. "Shh" I said. "Don't tell me. I'm going to a party tonight and we are watching it on TIVO. I don't want to know how it ends before I see it." I know. It's not like a game score or anything. But I want to watch it with fresh eyes and good friends. I love this picture posted from "His Hands - His Feet" (another blog I follow). Reminds me of the history making events that we, as children, gathered around the TV (black and white in those days) to watch: the first moon walk; Kennedy's funeral; the Nixon/Eisenhower wedding. Today is history and an exciting time. It will be wonderful to be in Kenya a few days from now. Hope to get a few Kenyans interviewed on my digital recorder on their thoughts on the Obama, the Presidency and the future of the US. I have seen the news and there is a great deal of pride for him there as his father was native of Kenya. Must remember to take my "Got Hope?" T-shirt with.

No comments: